- Short video app Triller Inc has confidentially filed for an initial public offering with the U.S. SEC.
- Recently, Triller terminated its merger with video advertising software provider SeaChange International, Inc (NASDAQ:SEAC) when it shared plans to pursue an IPO with a potential listing under the ticker symbol “ILLR” by September.
- Also Read: Triller Merging With SeaChange International: What Investors Should Know
- Triller, launched in 2015, has looked to take on larger rival TikTok.
- Triller offers similar video sharing, editing, and social networking features to users on its platform.
- Needham analyst and TikTok President recently shared how they felt that Meta Platforms Inc’s (NASDAQ:META) attempts to emulate TikTok would be futile as it continued to lose subscribers to the Chinese counterpart.
- The filing comes amid a largely volatile market due to the tech selloff over macro uncertainties.
- Recently, the Federal Communications Commission’s Brendan Carr urged Apple, Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Alphabet, Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL) to take down the TikTok app from their respective app stores over national security issues.