Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ:VRTX) creates new possibilities via medicine to cure diseases and improve people’s lives, and over the past year, marked gains in investors’ portfolios.
Since July 2021, Vertex Pharmaceuticals stock’s one-year return has outperformed several of the world’s most popular tech and consumer discretionary stocks: Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL), Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX), NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA) and Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is a global biotechnology company that discovers and develops small-molecule drugs for the treatment of serious diseases. Its key drugs are Kalydeco, Orkambi, Symdeko and Trikafta/Kaftrio.
Vertex was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
Here’s how the returns break down from July 2021 to the present:
- Tesla is down from $677.92 to $669.11 for a return of -1.30%
- Starbucks is down from $113.41 to $77.87 for a return of -31.34%
- Microsoft is down from $271.60 to $255.52 for a return of -5.92%
- Nvidia is down from $202.12 to $145.74 for a return of -27.89%
- Apple is down from $137.27 to $135.94 for a return of -0.97%
- And finally, Vertex is up from $202.21 to $282.35 for a return of 39.63%