Not everybody loves their job, but a new study by MyPerfectResume.com has confirmed there are certain occupations where people really, really, really hate their jobs.
What Happened: In a survey of more than 1,000 adults focused on the 25 most common jobs, the top five ranked professions were:
- Software developer – annual mean wage: $120,990
- Lawyer – annual mean wage: $148,030
- Teacher – annual mean wage: $36,460 – $133,310
- Administrative assistant – annual mean wage: $41,080 – $66,870
- Nurse – annual mean wage: $123,780
On the flip side, the five lowest ranked professions were:
- Cleaner – annual mean wage: $29,580 – $38,530
- Waiter/Waitress – annual mean wage: $29,010
- Janitor – annual mean wage: $31,860
- Laborer – annual mean wage: $31,440 – $44,130
- Truck driver – annual mean wage: $42,630 – $50,340
The survey found that only 40% of the respondents believed they have a good job.
See Also: Disney Launches Fund To Create Jobs For Black Students In Media And Entertainment
What Else Happened: Among the top and bottom ranked professions, teaching was the most popular for women and respondents aged 41 or older, while younger respondents mostly favored being a lawyer and for self-identified political independents.
Being a software developer was the most popular job for males and Democrats, while Republicans voted for nurse as the best job. And four of the five top jobs required at least a bachelor’s degree.
As for the reasons why people despise their work, the top reasons included low earnings (42%), working with customers (39%), the negative atmosphere at work (37%), doing a meaningless job (37%) and work monotony (36%).
See Also: Finding The Next 10 Bagger
Photo: LEEROY Agency / Pixabay