- Cambridge-based health-tech platform Healthera has received investment from Serafund, a VC fund backed by entrepreneur and investor Bob Xiaoping Xu, who co-founded New Oriental Education & Technology Group, Inc. (NYSE:EDU).
- Healthera provides patients access to medicines, healthcare products, and private treatments locally delivered from 1500 local pharmacies in the U.K.
- The venture round was structured under a convertible loan note and oversubscribed with participation from several existing investors.
- Healthera will use the new investment to expand its tele-pharmacy platform’s capabilities, develop new partnerships, and accelerate strategic initiatives.
- The investment follows Healthera’s Series A funding led by Accelerated Digital Ventures and Cambridge Enterprise.
- Xiaoping Xu was a founding Managing Partner for ZhenFund, an early stage-focused fund with over 700 companies in its portfolio, of which 26 have either gone public or reached valuations above $1 billion.
- Price Action: EDU shares are trading higher by 1.83% at $22.85 in premarket on the last check Thursday.
El-Erian Says Last Few Weeks Of Data Suggest Recession Can Still Be Averted: ‘Hoping Strength Of Economy Stays’
Allianz chief economic adviser and noted economist Mohamed El-Erian said he believes the last few weeks of data…