- Luna Innovations Inc (NASDAQ:LUNA) announced a new $14.2 million contract with its long-standing partner Intuitive Surgical Inc (NASDAQ:ISRG).
- This new agreement provides for the supply of critical photonic subsystems manufactured by Luna and incorporated into Intuitive’s next-generation robotic surgical systems.
- Luna’s PHOENIX tunable laser and compact line of Optical Polarization Controllers will play a critical role in the further production of hardware modules for Intuitive’s advanced surgical systems.
- Also Read: Ardagh Metal Packaging, Intuitive Surgical And This Water Technology Company Are CNBC’s Final Trades
- Laser-based fiber optic sensing systems are now widely deployed across many industries due to the benefits of fiber optics over traditional techniques in terms of precision and scalability.
- Advanced robotic surgery increasingly relies on optical-based measurement systems as a core component.
- Luna’s PHOENIX tunable laser and compact line of Optical Polarization Controllers deliver the high performance needed to maintain maximum precision and reliability required for rapidly growing applications like robotic surgery.
- Price Action: LUNA stock is up 2.86% at $4.67, and ISRG shares are down 2.15% at $190.85 on the last check Thursday.
NEAR Protocol's (CRYPTO: NEAR) price has decreased 5.39% over the past 24 hours to $3.12, continuing its downward trend over the past week of -10.0%, moving from $3.46 to its current price.