One Big Thing In Fintech: Former secretary of state Hillary Clinton has called for increased regulation of cryptocurrency markets in an interview.
Other Key Fintech Developments:
- Visa investing in fintech Basiq. (NYSE:V)
- Marqeta, Mastercard team-up. (NASDAQ:MQ) (NYSE:MA)
- RoboMarkets added to its app.
- Stripe accepts crypto payment.
- NY Fed starting fintech center.
- Fico ships a new loan platform. (NYSE:FICO)
- Lydia offers crypto functionality.
- JPM weighing a deal with Viva. (NYSE:JPM)
- TV’s Pierce Crosby on manias.
- Freetrade will double valuation.
- Saudi Arabia is pushing digital.
- Asilimia raises $2M in a round.
- Archax taps Scila for new tech.
- Tide opens banking suite offer.
- Revolut acquired fintech Nobly.
- New Order adds $4M for DAO.
- SubQuery plans Acala launch.
- Morgan Stanley building portal. (NYSE:MS)
- Afterpay unveils subscriptions. (OTC:AFTPY)
- Coinbase acquires BRD wallet. (NASDAQ:COIN)
- Credit Clear refreshes offering.
Watch Out For This: The $1.7 trillion “social infrastructure” legislation passed by the House and now before the Senate would spur growth, expand employment and boost productivity with limited inflationary impact, according to Moody’s.
Source: Banking Dive
- EU passing laws against tech.
- Avoiding Russia-Ukraine war.
- Virus variant spurs restriction.
- China will limit Tencent usage.
- Map of the top fintech players.
Market Moving Headline: If there’s a single stat to capture the insatiable appetite for stocks this year, it’s the sum of cash that went into equity funds.
Investors have poured almost $900 billion into equity exchange-traded and long-only funds in 2021 — exceeding the combined total from the past 19 years — according to analysts at Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC) and EPFR Global.